We all have had those moments that were life changing, those words of wisdom that just stuck and truly impacted us and over the last year or so I have had many (some not just in this past year but past several) and I just want to share them with you. These words of advice, thoughts and ideas have come in all forms and from all kinds, some from others, some from my own insights, but each of these have had a significant impact on me, not because of the power of the words but because of what I was able to do afterwards. These are 12 nuggets of advice that have change my life.
- This is just one moment among many moments in your life right now. I would get so caught up in the mistakes, things I did or didn’t do or the feelings I was having. Time never stops and all things pass, no matter where you are right now it will soon be over.
- When something stinks, step back and make sure it’s not you who smells. We all want to blame others for what we did or didn’t do ourselves; it takes a far bigger person to admit when they are wrong than it does to point the finger.
- Kill em’ with kindness. When in doubt, you can’t argue with kindness.
- You have everything you need right now. I use to hate this saying, but wherever you are right now you are fully equipped to tackle it, just check to make sure you are using all that is available to you.
- You can’t change everyone else you can only change yourself. If you want others to change, be the example first.
- Always be willing to have the hard conversations. Any time I have ever had to have a difficult conversation, and actually had to courage to have it without getting in the way, the outcome has always been for the better.
- Never be afraid to be honest, you can’t control how others receive the truth. We typically fear the truth because we worry what will happen after, but cleaning up a lie is way more work, because you don’t have to clean up the truth.
- One thing at a time. We want it and want it now, except we first need to enjoy what we have right now.
- Life gives you exactly what you need. Because where you are is exactly where you need to be in order to get where you are going.
- Never be afraid to be who you are, as long as you do it in an honesty way. It;s one thing to be you and do it with a thorn in your side, it’s another to do with in a way that encourages others.
- Don’t take shit from anyone. Those that give you shit probably don’t want to deal with their own, press on my friend.
- You can change anything at any time, just be ready to deal with the consequences. We can change anything and not all consequences are bad, many can and are good, but you won’t know any of that until you get up and do something.
As each year passes, I think to myself, how can I be better than I was before? Trying to live in my truth and live the life I want to rather than the life I think others need me to live.
The older I get and the more I experience life and speak my truth, the more I realize that I don’t have any time to waste living in a way that no longer serves me; and sometimes that means radical change, sometimes that means I can finally speak up in a way I never did before, sometimes that simply means that I live and act without fear.
I have watched far too many people, some very dear to my heart, live their lives in fear, and because of that they never went after what they desired or what they felt that life was asking them to. I have watched many make excuses as to why they made and are currently making the choices they are; but in the end, sadly, I dismay that they will not get where they are going because they simply won’t allow themselves the right to live boldly, in their own truth, because they fear what will happen to those around them and to themselves as they step into their own light.
I refuse to live that way and although I don’t know exactly where life will take me, I know where I am right now and have cultivated enough wisdom and honesty to step back and fully take advantage of the situations in front of me, because although I do believe that life gives you exactly what you need, it’s your choice what you decide to do with it.